feel free to edit any of this text, this is our common wiki
We are grounded in the 11 Kiez Burn principles. Every community interprets and adds a particular kind of flavor to these principles. Especially in co-creating community events, we, the Kiez Burn community, notice there are certain ways we like working together. Clarifying this common Kiez Burn philosophical base will enable a more open and sustainable community.
- consensual do-ocracy: a philosophy enabling the decentralization move
- transparency: quite an important way Kiez Burn works (differently)
- Meeting in real-life: we like being Berlin-based, and connecting with the people we met at the festival in daily life, is something we cherish. It could be a guiding principle of ours.
- Let fail what the community does not carry? From "making sure everything is right" to "either somebody volunteers for this or no power/no event/no welfare/..."?
What do you think?
What do you think is our philosophy? What are our principles?
Key points about the Philosophy
Philosophy of an organization is a/an:
- Value or small set of principles or values that are fundamental, distinguishing, and enduring to the organization.
- Special attribute that the core team possesses that has influenced the character of the organization.
- Source of the organization’s distinctiveness.
- Enduring framework for “how” people do their work.