Meeting dates, agenda and minutes for steering and strategy groups
Storage and notification to do with all meetings in steering group including strategy
Emma Knaggs Thu 7 Jan 2021 4:43PM
Happy New Year everyone! Just a reminder that Steering meetings resume this evening at 6pm and will be every two weeks from now. Here's the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86707799722 see you later
Emma Knaggs Thu 17 Dec 2020 7:08PM
The steering meeting this evening was the last one of 2020. There won't be one on New Year's Eve as I'm sure we'll all be more focussed on seeing the back of this year! We'll start again on Thursday, 7th January and resume meetings every two weeks from then. I've extended the Zoom meeting link until the end of 20212, so the link is still the same every week: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86707799722
I hope you all have a safe and Merry Christmas.
Maggie Turner Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:10PM
I'm afraid I cannot come to steering this evening. I will be at media next Tuesday.
Emma Knaggs Thu 8 Oct 2020 9:20AM
We'll do Steering as usual at 6pm tonight, here's the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86707799722. But let's finish by 7pm so that anyone wanting to join the No to No Deal rally can do so from 7pm. See you later
Emma Knaggs Thu 27 Aug 2020 10:36AM
Hi, just a reminder that Steering is back on this evening at 6pm. The link is here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86707799722
Alice Hovanessian Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:41PM
Thanks Sally, that would be great. I will ask the Chair Paul Browne who to contact and copy you in.
Sally Long Thu 13 Aug 2020 4:21PM
The other thing I wanted to talk about is promotion of the joint event with Cambridge. It would be useful to have details of their Facebook admin so I cAm coordinate with them. Or I could just send a message to their page.
Sally Long Thu 13 Aug 2020 4:18PM
Lots of requests on Facebook for the video. Could we get the YouTube login from Adam and maybe one of us could upload and speed up the process.
Emma Knaggs Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:31PM
Yes, I'm afraid I'm sitting on a few videos that I need to send to Adam for him to upload to YouTube. I'll send them through ASAP
Ian Bartle Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:52PM
OK fine - yes good to have an evening off! One key thing that needs doing ASAP is putting up the Michael Dougan video. It obviously generated a lot of interest and with the video up we'll get more visitors to the site. I can put it up on the website when it's on YouTube. But I don't know how to put up on YouTube and haven't got login. If anyone can help with the latter (or tell me how to do it) that would be good.
Emma Knaggs Wed 12 Aug 2020 10:16AM
Would anybody mind if we skipped the Steering meeting this week? I'll have hosted a few big Zooms this week and I'd quite like an evening off 😆 The next one would be 27th August, so still before the next Pulse. I don't think there's anything too pressing to be discussed.
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 30 Jul 2020 1:59PM
I’m sorry but I’m not going to make this evening’s meeting. Have loads of work to finish off before taking next week off for a staycation.
Hope you’re fine!
Emma Knaggs Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:43PM
Hi all, look forward to seeing you for Steering this evening. The recurring Zoom meeting link has expired, so I've created a new one. Here's the link, which will be valid until 31st December: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86707799722
Alice Hovanessian Thu 2 Jul 2020 4:41PM
I am assuming we have our meeting at 6pm, in case anyone forgot! It should be the same link as before - for convenience I think it is: https://zoom.us/j/92960538745
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 4 Jun 2020 5:02PM
I am going to be late...if I make it at all. Apologies.
I would like to update the Welcome page of the website to reflect the situation in the US. Thoughts on this?
Alice Hovanessian Thu 4 Jun 2020 4:53PM
We should be! Use the same link as before. See you in a bit.
Emma Knaggs Thu 21 May 2020 3:13PM
Hi all, looking forward to seeing you later. Just a reminder that the Zoom link is the same as last time. Here it is for convenience: Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/92960538745
Jane Riekemann Thu 7 May 2020 6:27PM
Apologies for missing the meeting. Our daughter is leaving quarantine to go on her naval course tomorrow and we were having a lovely supper tpogether - and I forgot!
Alison Born Thu 7 May 2020 8:58AM
I have another zoom meeting at 5pm today which will last more than an hour. Will aim to join you a bit late if it doesn't go on too long.
Alison Born Thu 23 Apr 2020 6:57PM
Sorry, i didn't see this so missed the meeting. Really sorry to miss the presentation and seeing you all but will look at the slides!
Emma Knaggs Wed 27 May 2020 6:26PM
@Olivia Leydenfrost the presentation is above - Project Marshall After the Fall
Ian Bartle Thu 23 Apr 2020 2:44PM
Good that Stephen's joining us. Was there supposed to be an attachment here? I can't find one
Emma Knaggs Thu 23 Apr 2020 1:14PM
And here is Stephen's presentation for your perusal before the call
Emma Knaggs Thu 23 Apr 2020 12:41PM
Hi all, here's the link to the Steering meeting this evening. Stephen Dawson will be joining us to present his findings on the General Election.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/92960538745
Meeting ID: 929 6053 8745
I've now set this up as a recurring meeting every two weeks, so we can use the same link over and over :)
Ian Bartle Thu 9 Apr 2020 11:49AM
Attached are my (rather limited) notes from the last steering meeting on 26th March. Obviously a lot has been postponed and on hold, but there are some issues still bubbling beneath the surface and there seems to be a good level of interest in the material put on the website about EU citizens. See you on Zoom later
Emma Knaggs Thu 9 Apr 2020 10:30AM
Unfortunately, Stephen has another meeting that he has to attend this evening so he won't be able to make it to the steering meeting. Hopefully, he'll be able to join us in two weeks time. We don't have a lot to catch up on, so I propose that we keep the appointment but just have a little socially distanced drink and catch up :) I'll open it up to the rest of Loomio if anyone else wants to join 🍻
Alice Hovanessian Wed 8 Apr 2020 8:50PM
I suggest you send it to Stephen Emma, you were copied in to the correspondence so should have his email.
Emma Knaggs Wed 8 Apr 2020 3:43PM
Here's the link for tomorrow's Steering meeting on Zoom. Who can send it to Steven Dawson? Thanks
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 475 305 2228
One tap mobile
+442080806592,,4753052228# United Kingdom
+443300885830,,4753052228# United Kingdom
Susanne Haberer Thu 26 Mar 2020 7:30PM
My video disappearance tonight - the laptop I have used seems to have a problem with its camera. Even though it started fine, it just went off repeatedly and then I couldn't get it back again at all at some point and would have had to leave the call to try to fix it. Sorry.
Emma Knaggs Thu 26 Mar 2020 1:48PM
I've set up Zoom on the Bath for Europe Gmail account. Here are the details. As we only have the free version at this point to test it out, the meeting will be limited to 40 minutes. I'm not sure exactly what will happen after that, I think I might have to set up a new meeting. I'll try and get a new meeting up and running as quick as possible, and post the link here, so we can carry on. see you (virtually) later!
Topic: Steering Meeting
Time: Mar 26, 2020 06:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 145 247 767
Olivia Leydenfrost Wed 18 Mar 2020 6:00PM
Sorry - I’m still working so will have to join late. I realise I hold the info on the Citizens’ Fair. Can you leave that until later please? Apologies
Susanne Haberer Wed 18 Mar 2020 5:52PM
In case someone wants to join the Media group meeting tonight - Jane has created a new thread for that. But in case someone has not seen the new thread, here the link to the
Media Group meeting 18 March 2020
Maggie Turner Wed 18 Mar 2020 1:04PM
Thanks Ian - I do hope to join in the meeting tonight if I can connect to Skype. Richard and I have self-isolated due to health concerns since arriving home last Wednesday from a sunny break in Madeira. There is a whole new vocabulary now and we tried some social distancing today on a walk today! Can't believe I am willingly obeying Mr. Johnson.
Ian Bartle Wed 18 Mar 2020 11:43AM
Attached are minutes of last week's steering meeting - may be a little help for tonight's meeting.
Susanne Haberer Tue 17 Mar 2020 5:45PM
@Ian Bartle You could definitely get it to work, no doubt about that. For the reason you mentioned, I assume for now that I am going to initiate - if anything changes, just let me know.
Ian Bartle Mon 16 Mar 2020 8:31PM
I think I could get the tech to work and initiate the conversation - it seems straightforward but can never be certain until you try it. That said, there's a possibility that I may be a bit late so perhaps better if Susanne initiates it.
Susanne Haberer Mon 16 Mar 2020 3:12PM
As I am working from home this week, I would be able to initiate this in time for a 6pm start if you'd like me to do that.
Emma Knaggs Mon 16 Mar 2020 11:03AM
Here's the explainer that Susanne put together. It's very easy to set up via Skype
Olivia Leydenfrost Sun 15 Mar 2020 10:42PM
I agree with @Ian. We need to have a virtual meeting this week. I’m waiting to hear from Dine as to whether any of the Council’s Registrar’s team can be on hand on the 28th for a potential scaled-down version.
Jane Riekemann Sun 15 Mar 2020 10:40PM
Okay. Who will initiate it? I’m not sure about the techy bit. Ian, can you do it? I suggest 6 - 7.30 on Weds, 18th (original time).
Ian Bartle Sun 15 Mar 2020 9:58PM
I'd think it's worthwhile having a (virtual) meeting this week if we are going to go ahead with some kind of scaled down version of the citizens fair a week on Saturday. Also there may be some issues from the March 4th meeting (minutes posted on separate thread) that may be worthwhile reviewing.
Jane Riekemann Sun 15 Mar 2020 4:25PM
We are due to have a Media meeting this Wednesday and it seems as if would be good if we used this format for that meeting. I’m not sure how to initiate it though? First of all, do we need a Media meeting? I was about to draft a leaflet for Michael Dougan but we might not need that now - if he does an online conference. Is there anything else that’s immmediate for the Media ( as opposed to the Steering) group?
Ian Bartle Thu 12 Mar 2020 7:13PM
Yes it worked reasonably well, nice to talk to everyone. You can insert the link (make it clickable) by clicking on the 'insert link' icon then putting in the link.
Susanne Haberer Thu 12 Mar 2020 7:04PM
Sorry my laptop battery died - nice to have had this online meeting and that it worked well. Have a nice evening :)
Oh, and when posting a link on loomio, there is a way to activate the link so it's clickable without having to paste it into a browser. I thought it was possible as well to then use it on the phone.
Linda Graham Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:47PM
Unable to join in time. Things aren't making sense. Next time maybe!
Sally Long Thu 12 Mar 2020 6:06PM
can you join via the app? Trying also on the iMac but getting a message that Skype isn't supported
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 5:49PM
Here's the link to the Skype meeting. See you at 6pm
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 3:06PM
I'm going to see if Veronique is free to join the call this evening
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 12 Mar 2020 5:35PM
Watching the Downing Street press Coronavirus conference and frankly not feeling as reassured as I would like to feel.
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 2:13PM
I haven't done an agenda for this meeting, but I think what we mostly need to discuss is events:
European Citizen's Fair
April Pulse (not necessary due to above?)
"Are you influential" event? (2 May)
May Pulse (not necessary due to above?)
Europe Day 9 May
Obviously, all these plans are subject to what restrictions may be in place due to Covid-19
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 12 Mar 2020 2:25PM
Absolutely. At the rate things are going, unfortunately I suspect we will have to postpone. Let’s discuss at Steering.
Linda Graham Thu 12 Mar 2020 1:51PM
I agree. An awful thought but the government seems to be going for the survival of the fittest theory.
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:49AM
Yes, this is a strong possibility :( Hopefully we'll know more in the next few hours
Ian Bartle Thu 12 Mar 2020 11:43AM
I suppose we need to recognise that we may have to cancel our European citizens event - we might all be in lockdown in a week or two! Something to talk about later
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 10:58AM
OK, I think I've figured it out (thanks @Susanne Haberer). I can set up a call and then share the invite link here on Loomio. Then anyone should be able to just click on the link and join the call. The number of participants is limited to 50, which should be plenty for us.
I'll add the link here a few minutes before 6pm
Alison Born Thu 12 Mar 2020 9:49AM
Video conferencing sounds good. I checked with the Ram and both top and bottom meeting rooms are out of action. The top one may be available in a few months but he didn't seem that positive. Do we need instructions for video conf?
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 12 Mar 2020 10:01AM
The Lib Dem Federal Board made the decision to cancel the conference last night. Hopefully they will let you know soon!
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Mar 2020 9:44AM
Was that the Lib Dem Spring conference in York? I was due to be on the panel at an LDER fringe event on Saturday 😕
Alice Hovanessian Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:35PM
I can make it tomorrow night after all, as my big event has been cancelled due to concerns about coronavirus! Online meeting sounds good.
Susanne Haberer Wed 11 Mar 2020 10:58PM
Yes a good idea, videoconferencing, gives flexibility.
Re Skype - If someone posts an invite link to the call, then it should be fairly easy for all those who want to join to do so via that link. They don't even need to use Skype it says. That's the theory anyway (Skype for Business works a bit different with Office Outlook invites etc.). So, if whoever starts the Skype meeting posts the invitation link here on Loomio, for example, others should be able to easily join.
I am attaching a few screenshots that show what I mean.
Ian Bartle Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:25PM
OK, I was involved in a few skype conference calls 4-5 years ago - perhaps the university where I was working paid. But there could be a problem with Jinsti - it seems to require the Chrome browser which I haven't got (and don't particularly want).
Emma Knaggs Wed 11 Mar 2020 6:09PM
I did look into Skype, it seemed that you need to be a Premium member (i.e. pay) to be able to call multiple people at once. Also, with Skype, you have to add each person to the call, rather than people joining themselves, which means we might miss someone.
Ian Bartle Wed 11 Mar 2020 5:58PM
Good idea, but why not use Skype? I think it's possible to do a conference call on skype.
Sally Long Wed 11 Mar 2020 5:01PM
I’d be up for that. It’s choir night for me and I was thinking the logistics of attending both would be tricky given that there up is no parking in Queens Square at the moment.
Emma Knaggs Wed 11 Mar 2020 3:36PM
I think this could be an opportunity to think outside the box. Why don't we try having the steering meeting via video conference? If it works, this could really help with our venue problem and it also minimises the possibility of passing on any infections :)
My colleague has recommended Jinsti Meet as a free, open source video-conferencing tool. Shall we try it out tomorrow and see how we get on?
Emma Knaggs Tue 10 Mar 2020 2:20PM
Thanks Mark for the offer of Marcom. Before confirming, who is actually available to come on Thursday as it seems a lot of people can't make it? Thanks
Jane Riekemann Tue 10 Mar 2020 6:27AM
Apologies, everyone. I won’t be with you on Thursday night as I’m involved in the Mid-Somerset Festival like Ruth.
Alice Hovanessian Mon 9 Mar 2020 10:37PM
I will have to give my apologies for Thursday, unless my event is cancelled.
Ian Bartle Mon 9 Mar 2020 5:20PM
Minutes of the last steering meeting (27th Feb) are attached. Last week I enquired at the Ring O Bells for this week (Mar 12th) and for March 26th, but again they are already booked up. We haven't been able to find any other suitable pub or similar venue yet so we might have to go to Marcom again - thanks Mark.
Some suggestions of other possible pubs have been made, but I don't know them. If any one has an idea please let us know and we'll enquire.
Maggie Turner Mon 9 Mar 2020 6:02PM
I’m still away ... unfortunately due to Coronavirus crisis - I will not be able to hold the meetings at my house for the time being. It strikes me that the Daily Telegraph readers won’t be overjoyed by the Prime Ministers strategy of letting the virus ‘run through the country’.
Emma Knaggs Mon 9 Mar 2020 3:39PM
Yes, the next one is this Thursday 12th March. I don't think we've secured a venue, unless @Maggie Turner is available again, but she may be away. Or at Marcom @Mark Baines?
Ruth Malloy Sun 8 Mar 2020 8:17PM
I think the next one is on Thursday, 12th March. Apologies from me (again), but I'll be volunteering at the Mid-Somerset Festival.
Sally Long Sun 8 Mar 2020 12:22PM
When and where is the next steering meeting please? Sorry - Have missed a few and am out of the loop a bit.
Alice Hovanessian Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:35PM
Yes I am bringing the key! I hope to be on time but apologies if a little late - see you there!
Ian Bartle Thu 27 Feb 2020 10:14AM
We have a consensus I think that we'll go ahead with the meeting - 6pm at Marcom this evening. As Mark won't be there, has someone who is coming got a key? We can use the minutes of the last meeting as the basis of the agenda.
Alison Born Thu 27 Feb 2020 9:10AM
Very sorry for your loss Emma and that you are not well Livy. I can come to the meeting but will need to leave by 7pm.
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 27 Feb 2020 7:44AM
Hi everyone. I'm very sorry for your loss, Emma.
I'm very unwell so will need to dial into Steering this evening. I could really use the group's input and decisions on the European Citizens' Fair which I have been driving forward with help from Alice, Anna, Gitte and Véronique and leaflet design from Sally.
Mark Baines Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:24PM
Still okay to meet at Marcom, however neither Ben nor I will be there, so please bring your own key.
Alice Hovanessian Wed 26 Feb 2020 10:24PM
Sorry about your loss Emma. Take care, see you at Pulse if you feel up to it.
Ian Bartle Wed 26 Feb 2020 9:02PM
OK thanks Emma. Minutes from last meeting below. What does anyone think about going ahead tomorrow evening? Seems plenty to discuss? @Mark Baines - I think we agreed to have the meeting at Marcom - would that still be ok Mark?
Emma Knaggs Wed 26 Feb 2020 6:54PM
Hi everyone, I'm sorry I've not been very responsive recently. I'm afraid that I have a funeral to attend tomorrow and I won't be able to make the Steering meeting.
If you want to go ahead with the meeting without me, then please feel free. Otherwise, we'll have the next one as scheduled on 12th March.
Sorry for the short notice, I'll see you at Pulse on Sunday
Emma Knaggs Thu 13 Feb 2020 4:05PM
Here's the agenda and minutes for this evening. Don't forget it's a Maggie's house. 6 Widcombe Terrace, Church Street, BA2 6AJ.
"Please just walk in so I don't have to run up and down the steps to the front door."
Ian Bartle Wed 29 Jan 2020 9:57PM
Here are the minutes from the meeting on January 2nd. I summarised our ideas for the next steps on a thread 'what next for Bath for Europe' but the minutes were slightly different.
Emma Knaggs Wed 29 Jan 2020 7:37PM
Please find attached the agenda for tomorrow's Steering meeting. It will be at the Ring o' Bells from 6pm.
See you there!
Jane Riekemann Mon 13 Jan 2020 7:26PM
Yes, venue for AC G is booked. It’s being advertised on FB and we almost have a leaflet to go - will be deposited at cafes etc. Some handed out.
Emma Knaggs Mon 13 Jan 2020 3:20PM
I don't think there'd be much value in having a Steering meeting this week. We won't have progressed the strategy until after the national conference on 25th Jan. Plus, with the difficulty of finding a venue I think it would be best to cancel this one.
The AC Grayling event seems to all be in hand through the media/events team
Ian Bartle Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:20AM
We haven't got a venue for the meeting this Thursday. There has been some talk of cancelling it but I'm not sure a decision has been made. Perhaps @Emma Knaggs could confirm.
Alice Hovanessian Sun 12 Jan 2020 2:37PM
Hi There, is the Steering meeting on Thursday cancelled, or are we still looking for a venue? We have some interested members who are thinking of joining us.
Linda Graham Fri 3 Jan 2020 9:22AM
I can’t add to on my last comment for some reason. I had a thought that we could plan to highlight the plight of EU nationals in the UK. This is an ongoing saga. They are being hung out to dry. People generally think they are taken care of. Not so. And UK nationals in the EU.
Linda Graham Fri 3 Jan 2020 9:16AM
Hi, I don’t normally add to this thread but just to throw something in the mix...I think we should pick up from the conference where to go next-in public anyway.
Hi Agnes, I think the social think was for this Sunday only - just as a supportive gesture for people who want to talk. Until we are clear about our message, there’s no point in just assembling. It could be at following Pulses we could highlight the plight of EU nationals. We did say that part of our focus would be ensuring that people know when Johnson backtracks on his abrexit promises. We thought we’d wait till after the conference on the 25th to see the direction national campaigning will take.
Agnes Javor Thu 2 Jan 2020 11:11PM
Sorry to miss the meeting but had family duties. Socials at bars are useful but we are not visible with those. The public needs to know that we have not gone away, that our cause has not gone away., Europe has not gone away, we are still part of Europe, we are not afraid to show and voice our opinion. So sorry, if this sounds like a preachy lecture and I know I should have said it in person, but could not. I hope there will be an opportunity.
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 2 Jan 2020 9:36PM
@Aileen Oldfield - Sorry you couldn't be at this evening's meeting. We discussed the way forward. Among other things we decided that we are not going to be doing street stalls. Stay tuned for more details.
Instead of our monthly rally, we will be having a social at All Bar One this Sunday 5th January at 3pm.
[deactivated account] Thu 2 Jan 2020 8:23PM
Sorry I had it in my diary there was a meeting this evening but as I had no further info I assumed I had the wrong day, would have been there if we had had earlier notice. also is there a street stall this Saturday? that is also in my diary
Emma Knaggs Thu 2 Jan 2020 3:07PM
Steering meeting this evening at the Ring of Bells (not the Ram) from 6pm. Please find attached a draft agenda, I may have missed some topics but we can discuss later.
I've not included minutes from the last meeting as they were all about the election, which isn't really relevant anymore.
See you later
Susanne Haberer Thu 2 Jan 2020 9:43AM
Just to confirm if there is a steering group tonight as mentioned in a few comments? And is it in Ring O Bells.
A few old threads seem to have crept up as active in Loomio which seems a bit confusing.
Alison Born Fri 20 Dec 2019 11:45AM
I'm happy with Livy's suggestion apart from 26th January as it is only the day after the conference on 25th which may/should inform out strategy. I also feel strongly that we shouldn't do a Pulse until we have decided our future direction as it may not fit with it. Also, the first weekend of Jan is Nod's next Jazz weekend at WSC and i'm likely to be there, will others?
Emma Knaggs Fri 20 Dec 2019 11:02AM
Yep, I'm happy with this too. I think Livy's suggestions is a good plan :)
Maggie Turner Thu 19 Dec 2019 11:16AM
The Conservatives have been in Power for 9 years 7 months 13 days. - and in that time what havoc they have created with their Brexit stance. Could we have a clock notching up the days and months on our website and Facebook? A stark reminder to people, especially those who voted for Mr Johnson.
I think every time we refer our government it should be called THE CON PARTY
Agnes Javor Thu 19 Dec 2019 7:11AM
I can see the wisdom of Olivia's suggestion. Happy to go along with it. (I know that impatience does not produce good results...)
Alice Hovanessian Wed 18 Dec 2019 9:44PM
That sounds like a good plan to me, thanks Olivia. Inviting members to low-key drinks on 5 Jan followed by a strategy meeting with our members later in the month sounds like the right kind of timing, allowing some time for the dust to settle but not too long.
Ian Bartle Thu 19 Dec 2019 7:10PM
This seems really good to me and as far as I can tell fits with the grassroots conference proposed for later in January.
Olivia Leydenfrost Wed 18 Dec 2019 9:04PM
I acknowledge that we didn’t have a comprehensive discussion involving enough of the group about this last night.
We have until the end of January to put on a public event that we can get consensus on.
First steering group meeting is on Thursday 2nd January - start discussing way forward then
New Year’s drinks gathering on Sunday 5th January in a private space. Promote strategy workshop (see below) then.
Strategy workshop(s)- either a longer evening session and/or a weekend afternoon. Saturday or Sunday 11th or 12th.
Have a bigger public event on the last weekend of the month, ie Sunday 26th January.
How does that sound?
Ian Bartle Wed 18 Dec 2019 8:56PM
I tend to agree with Maggie. I don't think it means we are giving up, but before we do anything public facing I think we need more clarity about our position and sense that we have a reasonable level of support.
Maggie Turner Wed 18 Dec 2019 7:58PM
I didn't add names who may be interested in my comments below: @Emma Knaggs @Alice Hovanessian @Olivia Leydenfrost I also think last night might not have been the best place to get a consensus.
Maggie Turner Wed 18 Dec 2019 7:51PM
I'm afraid I don't agree with having a Pulse in early January when we haven't yet had an opportunity to gauge where BfE is and where the country is - we haven't had an opportunity to speak among ourselves - let alone to our supporters. What are we going to say? I certainly think if it does go ahead it should be inside. The 5th of Jan is the last day of the holidays and I think we will cause a lot of aggravation on the streets. Perhaps at the WSC - a New Year Drink for everyone to show our loyalty to Europe....??
Alice Hovanessian Wed 18 Dec 2019 3:51PM
Great, but let's not call it a last Pulse - it might not be!
Emma Knaggs Wed 18 Dec 2019 2:53PM
Thanks Livy, you beat me to it!
Yes, we'll do a Pulse in January, but we won't do a march. I think it would be good for people to come together for a last pulse.
I've emailed Gareth already and was planning to get something out by the end of this week. @Olivia Leydenfrost if you can draft something, that would be great.
For Steering, I hadn't checked the calendar so it's Thursday 2nd (as scheduled) not Friday 3rd January,
Olivia Leydenfrost Wed 18 Dec 2019 2:35PM
Hi Ian, I believe that there was a good consensus last night that we go ahead with the Pulse as planned. We don’t want to give up or give in! We discussed it potentially being a celebration of Europe.
I absolutely agree that we need to send a message to our supporters before Christmas - I can draft something and share via with some of the team via email for others to build on - @Emma Knaggs @Alice Hovanessian
@Alice Hovanessian can you please check Gareth’s availability?
Obviously we need to discuss the way forward collectively at Steering and at a strategy workshop.
Ian Bartle Fri 20 Dec 2019 5:17PM
This afternoon I booked a room in the Ring O Bells for Thurs 2nd January 6-7,30pm. Mick was in there and was his usual friendly self.
Ian Bartle Wed 18 Dec 2019 2:17PM
Yes, fine, I'll enquire about the Ram and Ring o Bells. I think it's Thurs 2nd Jan?
A couple of other points: are we going ahead with Pulse on January 5th? We did decide at a previous meeting to call it off. Personally I'm not sure it's a good idea to do it. It's not going to look good if there's only about 20 of us and we're feeling a bit down and do not have a clear idea about how we intend to go forward.
Also should we soon send a message to our supporters about where we stand and that we'll be reviewing the way forward?
Alan Richard Champneys Wed 18 Dec 2019 12:53PM
Just to confirm, is that Friday 3rd Jan or Thirs 2nd?
Emma Knaggs Wed 18 Dec 2019 11:58AM
Hi all, just a reminder that there'll be no Steering meeting tomorrow evening.
I think we should go ahead with the scheduled meeting on 3rd January just to decided what we do going forward and how we structure ourselves. @Ian Bartle The Ram might be closed in January, could you find out what the situation will be and whether we should meet at the Ring o Bells instead? Thanks all and have a good, restful break over Christmas
Ian Bartle Fri 6 Dec 2019 4:37PM
Here are the minutes from yesterday's (5th December) steering meeting. Main message is - we need to do as much as possible up to the election! That is - leafleting in Bath and particularly NES (Mogg Out), also help in nearby constituencies, and as much social media as we can.
Also this is the last steering meeting of this year. We haven't fixed any meetings or events for the new year yet. How we go forward clearly depends on the election result and we'll review the situation after that.
Emma Knaggs Thu 5 Dec 2019 4:33PM
Here is the agenda and minutes for steering this evening. See you shortly
Emma Knaggs Wed 6 Nov 2019 9:57AM
Please find attached the minutes from last week's emergency election meeting. I'll circulate an agenda for tomorrow's steering meeting shortly.
Sally Long Wed 30 Oct 2019 9:25PM
Huge apologies. Have just realised I can’t make it after all. Have already promised to do Halloween stuff with my son (long story to do with a massive spider!)🕷🕸🧟♀️ Happy to be delegated leaflets/social media tasks within reason.
Jane Riekemann Wed 30 Oct 2019 8:11PM
Will try to be there. It’s dependent on crossing and traffic. Usually arrive in Bath about that time after megadrive from Germany .
Sally Long Wed 30 Oct 2019 6:31PM
Tagging a few people so they get emailed, as not everyone logs on to Loomio regularly and might have missed this special election meeting (especially as it is part of an on-going thread). @olivialeydenfrost @janeriekemann @lindagraham @roboldfield @aileenoldfield @richarddaniel @alanrichardchampne @maggieturner @ruthmalloy @alisonborn @markbaines @claire63 @vivienne2 @rebeccahilliard
Who have I forgotten?
Emma Knaggs Wed 30 Oct 2019 12:56PM
There will be an emergency election meeting held tomorrow (Thursday) at the Ram from 6.00 - 7.30pm. I've attached an agenda as well as the report from Cheltenham for Europe about electoral spending.
I look forward to seeing as many as possible tomorrow evening
Alice Hovanessian Thu 24 Oct 2019 3:42PM
See you there - just to let you know I will have to leave at 7:15 tonight.
Emma Knaggs Thu 24 Oct 2019 3:00PM
Apologies for the lateness. Here are the agenda and minutes for tonight's meeting. I'm on the train back from London, should hopefully be in time. As mentioned in the other thread, Dan Seamarks is not able to make it this evening and will reschedule.
Emma Knaggs Thu 10 Oct 2019 2:39PM
Hi all, agenda and minutes attached for this week's steering.
On the agenda, I've included discussion of this proposed open letter to Donald Tusk, drafted by Grassroots for EU.
Ian Bartle Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:40PM
Hi Emma, looks as if you haven't posted the minutes of the last meeting. Here's what I sent to you a few days ago.
Emma Knaggs Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:18PM
Hi all, here are the minutes and agenda for tonight's steering meeting. See you later.
Emma Knaggs Thu 12 Sep 2019 7:27AM
Hi, agenda and minutes attached for this evening's meeting. I'l try and get on the right train this time! See you later
Emma Knaggs Thu 29 Aug 2019 4:38PM
Very sorry, I'm going to be about 10 mins late. The train i was aiming for wasn't on the timetable. Due into Bath Spa at 18.06
Jane Riekemann Thu 29 Aug 2019 8:50AM
I’ll try to come but might be late as have friends staying with me.
Emma Knaggs Thu 29 Aug 2019 8:42AM
Steering meeting this evening as usual. Apologies, I haven't saved the agenda and minutes in the right place to share but I will bring printed copies. See you later
Alison Born Thu 18 Jul 2019 9:16AM
I'm afraid i'm out of town later today too but will see you on Saturday.
Olivia Leydenfrost Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:40PM
Thanks, Emma. Apologies - I cannot be at tomorrow’s meeting.
Emma Knaggs Thu 4 Jul 2019 8:28AM
Here's the agenda and minutes for the Steering meeting this evening. See you then (hopefully in the Ram!)
Emma Knaggs Thu 9 May 2019 2:31PM
Please find attached the agenda and minutes for steering this evening.
Emma Knaggs Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:22PM
No problem, I'm waiting for replies from Molly and Change UK. I think it'll be 8th May. Can you check if WSC is free that evening?
Also, can you check what leaflets have been ordered since 23 Jan? We might have to include them in election spending
Alison Born Fri 26 Apr 2019 8:56AM
I'm really sorry i didn't make it yesterday. I got caught up with some Lib Dem leafleting issues, had planned to come which was why I didn't send apologies. Is there anything I need to do re potential hustings or anything else? I'm afraid I won't make the street stall on Saturday either.
Maggie Turner Thu 25 Apr 2019 11:42AM
Not able to come unfortunately as I’m not well - am chasing up berets waiting for their ETA.
Emma Knaggs Thu 25 Apr 2019 11:32AM
Hi, attached are the agenda and minutes for steering meeting this evening.
Emma Knaggs Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:41PM
Please see below the agenda and minutes for the steering meeting this evening. I've also included the field campaign consultation document that I shared a few days ago. I'd like to review this together and discuss ways in which PVHQ can offer support to our group. See you later
Emma Knaggs Thu 28 Mar 2019 11:30AM
Here are the minutes and agenda for tonight's meeting, we'll be in the upstairs room at the Ram. CNN will be filming part of it, so please be conscious of what we're discussing in front of the cameras. Let's prioritise talking about press coverage of the march and the difference that the petition to revoke has made to the national conversation. Plus the indicative votes yesterday. See you later
Emma Knaggs Thu 14 Mar 2019 2:38PM
See attached agenda and previous minutes for this evening's steering meeting. See you later
Ruth Malloy Thu 28 Feb 2019 5:28PM
BATH HALF-MARATHON on Sunday, 17th March
Can we split into teams and leaflet spectators/runners? If so, when would be the best time and where would be the best locations? We had planned to do something last year, but then the BHM was cancelled because of snow and brave Claire did her own thing anyway, without the crowds!
Ruth Malloy Thu 28 Feb 2019 3:54PM
OUTREACH ACTION suggestions for the next couple of weeks
BATH STREET STALLS & LEAFLETING (14:00 - 16:00)
9th March: New Bond Street, bottom of Milsom Street
16th March: Kingsmead Square
BEYOND BATH STREET STALLS & LEAFLETING (10:30 - 12:30)
9th March: Moorland Road
16th March: Keynsham High Street
Next week Tuesday and Friday mornings are looking the most promising, from the weather point of view.
I know Alan's keen to go to the Park & Ride sites (with our new PV banner), but what about also going back to the student bus stop near the Lower Oldfield Park/Upper Oldfield Park junction (near Misha's house)?
Emma Knaggs Wed 27 Feb 2019 5:33PM
Hi all, a shortened agenda as the volunteer session will be from 7pm. See you tomorrow.
REMINDER: Meeting is at WSC, not the Ram this week
Emma Knaggs Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:43PM
Hi all, please find attached the agenda and minutes for the next steering meeting. As many people will be at Sodem tomorrow, it will exceptionally be on Friday 15th at the usual time. Look forward to seeing you then.
Emma Knaggs Thu 31 Jan 2019 9:15AM
Attached minutes and agenda for this evening's steering meeting. Hopefully, threats of snow will be overblown :)
See you later.
Olivia Leydenfrost Thu 17 Jan 2019 3:02PM
My apologies, too. I'm not well so can't make it this evening.
Alan Richard Champneys Thu 17 Jan 2019 10:28AM
Apologies. I have double booked myself and won’t be at steering. I will try to priorities future ones. My gut feel is we will get a people’s vote soon and then we will need to fully mobilise again!
Jane Riekemann Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:40PM
Apologies - can’t make Steering this week but Klaus will be coming.
Emma Knaggs Wed 16 Jan 2019 4:41PM
Thanks Alice, that would be really helpful. I'll forward you the email
Alice Hovanessian Wed 16 Jan 2019 4:15PM
I can dial in to the People's Vote meeting and circulate notes about what is discussed, if nobody else wants to?
Emma Knaggs Wed 16 Jan 2019 1:37PM
Dan Seamarks (SW Regional contact for People's Vote) is hosting a conference call tomorrow (Thurs) evening. Unfortunately, it's scheduled for 7-8pm, which clashes with the Steering meeting. As it's my first meeting as Chair, I want to prioritise that meeting. Is anyone available to dial in to the call and take notes? I can send through the dial-in details. Thanks
Alison Born Tue 15 Jan 2019 2:55PM
I'm afraid I'm off to Rome for a long weekend on Thursday so my apologies.
Emma Knaggs Mon 14 Jan 2019 9:00PM
Minutes for the last steering meeting and agenda for this Thursday 17 Jan. See some of you in London tomorrow.
Alan Richard Champneys Sun 6 Jan 2019 8:32AM
Apologies for being somewhat absent in the last month or so. Am planning to be at pulse today.
Ruth Malloy Thu 3 Jan 2019 3:24PM
I'm not feeling great, so will save my energies for the weekend. I have the keys to Marcom, and will aim to be there by 11:50 on Saturday and 13:30 on Sunday. Please come and help carry the gear to Burton Street and Abbey Churchyard respectively!
Alison Born Wed 2 Jan 2019 3:25PM
I have to go to London unexpectedly tomorrow. I will try to get back by 6 but may not be able to.
Claire Thomas Mon 31 Dec 2018 7:31PM
Minutes from last meeting before Christmas and agenda for meeting this Thurs 3 Jan, 6pm at Ram as usual.
Alice Hovanessian Wed 19 Dec 2018 10:22PM
By the way Jane, there is no steering meeting tomorrow night, it was held on Tuesday night instead this week.
Jane Riekemann Wed 19 Dec 2018 10:37AM
Apologies Claire. We’re helping to organise the Lib Dem Xmas party and have to set up at 6.
Claire Thomas Mon 17 Dec 2018 8:47PM
Minutes and agenda for last steering group meeting of 2018! Tomorrow Tuesday 18th Dec at the Ram, 6pm as usual.
Sally Long Thu 6 Dec 2018 2:44PM
Sending apologies for tonight - have a cold and don't want to give it to everyone.
Ian Bartle Wed 5 Dec 2018 6:23PM
I've noticed recently (I guess most of us have) that the language of the brexiters is becoming ever more incendiary - betrayal of democracy etc and today's Express headline 'Sabotage Brexit at your peril' sounded like a dog whistle call for violence. On the one hand perhaps nothing to be concerned about as it shows we have them on the run. On the other hand it's hideous stuff and I wonder how we should respond. Take the high ground? Or meet fire with fire (peacefully of course)? Perhaps something to discuss at the meeting
Claire Thomas Tue 4 Dec 2018 8:00PM
Agenda for Steering Group this Thursday 6 Dec, 6pm Ram as usual.
Claire Thomas Wed 28 Nov 2018 9:07PM
Minutes from steering/media mtg last Tuesday 13 Nov. I appreciate they may now be a bit out of date following the media/events/outreach mtg yesterday (27th Nov). I will post agenda for next steering group meeting (which will be Thurs 6 Dec) next week.
Claire Thomas Thu 1 Nov 2018 6:16AM
Minutes from steering/strategy meeting Thurs 25 Oct before the social.
Emma Knaggs Tue 23 Oct 2018 6:43PM
I can't make 8th Nov. My MP Kerry McCarthy is having a brexit Q&A which I'm going to.
Ruth Malloy Mon 22 Oct 2018 9:18PM
Apologies, I can't come on Thursday. I won't be able to come on 8th November or 22nd November either.
Claire Thomas Mon 22 Oct 2018 7:00PM
Minutes of last steering group on 11Oct attached plus agenda for strategy/social this Thursday. Also posted on that thread 'Now of Never' in case you thought you were seeing double!
Mark Baines Thu 11 Oct 2018 3:27PM
Looking forward to this evening but I'm afraid I have to leave at 7.15.
Claire Thomas Tue 9 Oct 2018 5:54PM
Minutes of last mtg and agenda for steering meeting this Thursday 11 Oct, 6pm at Ram as usual. I have invited Jo Trigg (Trowbridge for Europe!) to join us.
Claire Thomas Sun 23 Sep 2018 4:40PM
Suggested shorter agenda for this Thursday - just stuff which cannot wait until next steering on 11 Oct. Minutes of last meeting to follow.
Claire Thomas Sun 23 Sep 2018 3:30PM
Next steering group meeting clashes with the Jason Hunter event at WSC. I suggest we have a short meeting at the Ram between 6-7 just to catch up on key activities coming up, then we can go on to the talk. Does that make sense or are lots of BfE people actually needed beforehand to set up?
Alan Richard Champneys Thu 13 Sep 2018 1:08PM
I am planning to be there. Usual unpredictability on arrival time owing to coming from Bristol by bus.
Alice Hovanessian Thu 13 Sep 2018 12:24PM
My apologies for this evening's meeting. Also to let you know I will be away from Sat until next Thurs - see you at Dominic Grieve.
Linda Graham Thu 13 Sep 2018 11:17AM
Thank you Claire. Please excuse me from this meeting. I’ll catch up at some
of the sub-groups.
Claire Thomas Tue 11 Sep 2018 8:37PM
You mean Edward Thomas of Gym Marine - I am trying to get hold of him.
Jane Riekemann Tue 11 Sep 2018 9:55AM
There’s also the guy who gave an interview for the Chronicle about the problems for his business. Will look for his name.
Ruth Malloy Tue 11 Sep 2018 7:59AM
@claire63 Have you identified, and persuaded, any local business people to appear in People's Vote videos?
I saw Mark Roper (of Roper Rhodes) on Saturday at a Lib Dem event. His company (which he runs with his brother Paul) does a lot of overseas (including EU) business. You might try him? Mention me, if you like.
Ruth Malloy Tue 11 Sep 2018 7:44AM
Apologies for Thursday, 13th September: I'll be at a meeting about Love Weston Library. Also, can someone (perhaps Alan) offer to chair the next Outreach meeting on Tuesday, 25th September? I'll be with Wera at a public meeting.
Claire Thomas Sun 9 Sep 2018 2:57PM
Minutes from last steering group meeting. Thanks again to Ian for excellent notes. Will post agenda nearer the time.
Claire Thomas Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:17PM
Agenda for steering tomorrow 30 Aug. 6pm Ram upstairs room. Please note slight change in running order as we need to have a longish discussion on Outreach.
Claire Thomas Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:05PM
No probs Alice. I think we'll be talking a lot about Outreach anyway. The Pulse seems all under control.
Alice Hovanessian Wed 29 Aug 2018 8:03PM
My apologies for Thursday's meeting, sadly I won't be able to make it either.
Claire Thomas Wed 29 Aug 2018 7:33PM
No probs Jane. Livy is away too. I assume Sally and Ian will be able to report back on Media?
Jane Riekemann Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:00AM
Apologies Claire but I don't think I'll be able to make the meeting on the 30th. In Romsey all day and not back till later. Let me know if there's anything you need me to do.
Claire Thomas Mon 13 Aug 2018 6:45PM
Attached minutes of last strategy/steering meeting from 19 July and agenda for this Thursday's meeting - 16 Aug. 6pm Ram as usual.
Ian Bartle Wed 18 Jul 2018 11:33AM
The Ram now tell me we can only have the room up to 7.30pm despite asking for it to 8pm a couple of weeks ago. If possible it would be good if those who are coming can arrive a little before 6pm so we can start promptly at 6. If necessary we can find a table in the bar and continue after 7.30.
Claire Thomas Tue 17 Jul 2018 8:06PM
Agenda for strategy meeting this Thursday 19th at the Ram, 6-8pm. Please note same venue and start time but we may go on a little later till 8pm if necessary. It will be good to reflect over the last few rather manic weeks for us and Parliament! I'll try to sort some snacks/food.
Ruth Malloy Wed 27 Jun 2018 10:23PM
Apologies in advance: I can't come because I've got another Love Weston (Community) Library meeting that evening.
Claire Thomas Wed 27 Jun 2018 7:54PM
Minutes attached for last meeting 7 June. Sorry they are a bit late, my fault. Please note date of next steering group meeting 19 July.
Alan Richard Champneys Thu 7 Jun 2018 5:50AM
Sorry I won't be at steering tonight either. Just too many things on at work. I remain as keen as ever. I like the discussion about toning down the physical element to the street stalls. When we have gone out into Jacob country the key seems to be the conversations and the leafleting. The day in keynsham was amazing. The stall hardly came into it, but we there were so many people and that made a huge difference. You brave souls in Chippenham have domonstrated that the the Brexitometer can be hand held.
Jane Riekemann Tue 5 Jun 2018 10:56AM
Many apologies but Klaus and I won't be at Steering on June 7th as we're in London.
Claire Thomas Tue 15 May 2018 7:46PM
Minutes attached here from strategy meeting last Thursday. Thanks to Ian for producing them.
Claire Thomas Sun 6 May 2018 12:56PM
The next strategy meeting is coming up this Thursday 10 May at the Ring O Bells in Widcombe, 6.30pm till 8.30/9pm. Please come if you can because we will be discussing the setting our strategy for this summer. The main focus will be the People's Vote campaign. I attach a proposal for you to consider in advance.
Claire Thomas Sun 29 Apr 2018 6:28AM
Minutes from last Thursday's steering group meeting attached. Next meeting will be the strategy meeting on Thurs 10 May at the Ring O Bells 6.30pm. Please buy drinks and nibbles from the bar there, but we may look into them providing something a bit more substantial. Topics to cover Peoples Vote strategy and messaging, town meetings, emotional arguments plus much more!! I have invited someone from Britain for Europe to come too. Proper agenda will be posted in the next week or so.
Claire Thomas Thu 26 Apr 2018 3:59PM
Agenda for tonight - sorry I thought I had posted it a few days ago.
Claire Thomas Mon 2 Apr 2018 6:31PM
Minutes attached for steering group meeting last Thursday 29 March. Next meeting will be in a month's time because next due date (12 April) is the town hall meeting.
Claire Thomas Sun 25 Mar 2018 2:09PM
Next steering group meeting will be this Thursday 29 March in the Ram at 6pm as usual. Agenda and previous minutes attached.
Claire Thomas Sun 18 Mar 2018 4:07PM
Just to update everyone, we have booked the room at the Ring Of Bells for Thursday 10 May for our strategy mtg. We can have it free if 20 of us buy drinks (and crisps). How do people feel about me inviting someone from Britain for Europe to join us? They have said that they are willing to support local groups if we give them meeting dates. Please post comments below. Personally I think it would be good to link up with them so unless anyone feels very strongly, I would be minded to do so.
Ian Bartle Tue 13 Mar 2018 10:01PM
Agree with Ruth regarding BRLSI room. If that room is available on 10th May (and affordable - I don't know how its price compares to WSC) perhaps we should book it very soon?
Ruth Malloy Mon 12 Mar 2018 2:37PM
If it's possible, I'd prefer to go back to the BRLSI for our next strategy meeting, rather than the upper room of the WSC. I understand the attraction of the bar at the WSC, but I didn't find the layout so conducive to collaborative working! If we could fit round one table, it would be fine, but we can't. I think sitting 'in the round' (as we did, more or less, at the BRLSI) was a better arrangement. Anyway, that's my opinion, for what it's worth!
Claire Thomas Sun 11 Mar 2018 11:14AM
Steering and strategy meetings going forward. Can I suggest steering group on 29 March, 12 April, 26 April then strategy on 10 May? I will put a poll on Loomio so that everyone can confirm their attendance.
Claire Thomas Sun 11 Mar 2018 11:10AM
Can I thank everyone who was able to attend the steering (strategy) meeting last Thursday and for sharing your ideas and thoughts. I found it very productive and energising - or was that just the crisps?! Minutes and updated strategy diagram attached. Please note any general actions for your groups or yourself. Please post any comments on this thread. Looking forward to the next two months!
Mark Baines Thu 8 Mar 2018 3:00PM
Not sure if I'm expected at this meeting? (I would happily come but have to leave at 7.00.)
Claire Thomas Wed 7 Mar 2018 7:37PM
Sorry, just spotted I hadn't uploaded the agenda for tomorrow. Here it is.
Claire Thomas Sat 3 Mar 2018 7:03PM
Steering group meeting Thursday 8 March, 6.30 to 8.30 at WSC. Bar will be available t buy drinks but please bring some nibbles. Agenda attached. Other info attached - updated strategy diagram, previous strategy notes, code of conduct and constitution. It will also be useful for you to have read the notes from the Chuka Umunna conference call and the notes from the BfE National Meeting on 24 Feb - both should be on the Britain for Europe thread - but I will go through these during the meeting. Looking forward to seeing you there.
Claire Thomas Sat 3 Mar 2018 5:58PM
Minutes attached of the core meeting last Thursday 1 March with Alison, Tony and myself (snow prevented others attending). Unfortunately on 15 March I have a parents evening and the schedule is looking too full to rearrange, so the next core meeting will be 29 March. I will try to catch up with all groups in the interim.
Claire Thomas Thu 1 Mar 2018 4:50PM
Hi Ruth, don't worry, Livy and Sally can't make it either so I will probably cancel. Just need to try to get in touch with others.
Ruth Malloy Thu 1 Mar 2018 3:24PM
Are you still planning to meet at the Ram this evening? I'm not keen on driving in these conditions, especially after nightfall.
Claire Thomas Tue 27 Feb 2018 8:35PM
Next core group meeting this Thursday 1 March at The Ram, 6 - 7.30pm. Please can we have at least one rep from each sub-group so they can update the other groups on what they've been doing. I attach the minutes from last meeting again here.
Claire Thomas Tue 27 Feb 2018 8:32PM
Yes - still want to go ahead. If you mean the PoLIS thing at Bath Uni, I think that is afternoon.
Alison Born Mon 26 Feb 2018 8:05PM
it is booked but I see it clashes with something at the University. Do you still want to go ahead?
Claire Thomas Sun 25 Feb 2018 1:17PM
Alison - just to check - is WSC all booked and confirmed for 8 March?
Claire Thomas Fri 16 Feb 2018 1:53PM
I agree. Leave as is so people can buy their own drinks. We'll ask people to bring nibbles.
Alison Born Fri 16 Feb 2018 9:20AM
The cost includes the bar person. I was wondering whether to try to negotiate a reduction if we don't want the bar but if we are going to want drinks it's probably better to leave it as it is. Are we going to bring nibbles again?
Alice Hovanessian Thu 15 Feb 2018 4:34PM
Apologies, I also can't make it this evening. Hopefully Claire and anyone else who was at the events group can update you. We need to finalise a plan for March (and April) Pulse. Otherwise planning for Brexit Truth Bus next Thurs and Michael Dougan on 14 March (27 booked so far) going well. SW Rally in Exeter on 24 March planning underway, will start a Loomio thread with coach options soon.
Claire Thomas Thu 15 Feb 2018 1:54PM
If the bar person comes free (it within the £25ph) then yes, otherwise no. We'll ask people to bring their own.
Alison Born Thu 15 Feb 2018 9:09AM
I'm afraid I can't come to the Core group this evening, I'm out celebrating my son's birthday. The cost of the Wharf room is £25 per hour so our meeting on march 8th will cost £50. Do we want to be able to get drinks from the bar?
Claire Thomas Fri 16 Feb 2018 2:02PM
Many thanks for notes Ruth. In response;
GENERAL: I will think about voting this weekend but will probably set up something on Loomio
MEDIA: NHS leaflet is due back from printers today (Fri 16)
OUTREACH: Good idea re commuter calls. I think we would like to find someone within the outreach group to take this over from Sally so it will be partly up to them how they want to do it.
Street survey: We should get hold of the EM one and just use that - we see it more as an icebreaker for conversation rather than for data collection, but we should send any forms we get back to EM. Maybe discuss with Mendip on Monday?
Leafleting: Don't know. Everyone is very busy. It's on my to-do-list but not very near the top! On the plus side the leaflets won't date even if we do have to wait for Mark to get back.
VOLUNTEERS: I think imminent, but no one from the group was at the meeting to confirm.
Ruth Malloy Wed 14 Feb 2018 3:32PM
Here are some more points to discuss at the Core meeting:
GENERAL: how are we, as a group, going to vote for the new Chair and Vice Chair of Britain for Europe next week (19th - 24th)?
MEDIA GROUP: NHS leaflet - when will this be coming out?
OUTREACH GROUP: first meeting on Monday, 5th March (18:00 - 19:30) at the Ram
Commuter Calls: it would be good to form more local groups (like the one we have in Weston/Newbridge), in addition to Sally's central one. Ask the Volunteers group for assistance?
Street surveys: we need to design a good one, using ideas from the European Movement and Stratford4Europe. Could this be a joint project for the Media and Outreach groups?
Leafleting: Can anyone coordinate the distribution of our 'Brighter future?' leaflets to our deliverers? With Mark away, this isn't happening,at least not formally. Ideally it should be someone who lives in or near the centre of Bath.
VOLUNTEERS GROUP: New sign-up cards (to replace the 'stay in touch' cards) - when will these be available?
Claire Thomas Tue 13 Feb 2018 9:26PM
And here is the agenda for core group this Thursday 15 Feb and previous minutes from joint media meeting.
Claire Thomas Tue 13 Feb 2018 9:18PM
It's £20ph. Linda - the responsibilities for each sub-group are on the strategy diagram on the strategy diagram thread. Here is a draft agenda for 8 March meeting.
Ruth Malloy Mon 12 Feb 2018 4:42PM
Re: Core meeting this Thursday, 15th February.
Apologies but I can't come. As it's the half-term holiday, Lydia doesn't have a piano lesson this week, and there's an opportunity to see a German film together at Bath University (organised by the Bath German Society). i hope Alan can make it from the Outreach group, as Mark is away.
I've started to put together an agenda for the first Outreach group meeting on 5th March, but the main thing is finding out how many volunteers want to attend. If not more than 20 I'll try to book a room at the Ram, but if more, we'll need to find something else. How much does the room you've booked for the 8th March at the WSC cost?
Claire Thomas Sun 11 Feb 2018 4:43PM
We looked into that but the room we have before was unavailable and the other room was too expensive.
Linda Graham Mon 12 Feb 2018 4:49PM
I would like more clarity as to which sub-group is responsible for what. There is always going to be some overlap. But if events group is to chose a new chair they need to be clear what the group is for.
Linda Graham Mon 12 Feb 2018 4:23PM
Before I commit to attending-is there an outline agenda for 8th March meeting?
Claire Thomas Thu 8 Feb 2018 9:53PM
Alison is booking the room we have used for Hugo Dixon and Comedy Night at Widcombe Social Club for our steering group meeting on Thurs 8 March 6.30 to 8.30. I am going to set up a decision on Loomio so I can get an idea of who is coming so we can confirm numbers to WSC.
Ruth Malloy Wed 24 Jan 2018 9:31PM
To avoid confusion, please could we call the 'new' steering group meetings STRATEGY MEETINGS in future?
Claire Thomas Mon 22 Jan 2018 9:52PM
Minutes from steering group Thurs 18 Jan with my application statement for new chair, as presented. Next proper meeting on Thurs 15 Feb, but we will have part of media group meeting on Tues 23 Jan to discuss items left over from last week.
Emma Knaggs · Wed 12 May 2021 3:39PM
Hi everyone, as we haven't got much planned and we've had a lot of meetings recently, I'm going to cancel the next Steering meeting due for tomorrow evening. We'll pick back up on the 27th and agree details of the June Pulse through Loomio. @Ruth Malloy @Alice Hovanessian @Ian Bartle @Jane Riekemann @Sally Long