Action for Sustainable Development - A Global Civil Society Platform
ABOUT THE GROUP | SOBRE EL GRUPO | A PROPOS DU GROUPE
A civil society platform to provide coordination and accountability for delivery of the sustainable development agreements of 2015
We have started this group to be an interactive forum for global civil society coordination on the Sustainable Development Agenda, including the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Climate Agreement. This group is open to all members of civil society and focuses on the following activities:
- Innovative Solutions: Civil society is already convening at the national and regional level- join us to share your story.
- Monitoring & Accountability: Civil society has begun to collect social, environmental and economic data to hold governments accountable for their 2015 sustainable development commitments- join us to access tools and knowledge.
- Policy & Advocacy: There are hundreds of commitments- join us to ensure they are compatible at all levels of governance.
- Public Mobilisation: While major agreements have been made, many peoples’ needs are not being addressed- join us to ensure all voices are heard.
Working Groups :
If you have an interest in shaping the core direction of the platform, sign up for one of the working groups.These groups are open to all members of civil society and are used to make inclusive decisions about the development of the platform. They are as follows:
- Outreach & Communications: This group aims to define outreach and communications priorities, including the branding, visual identity and specific messages from the initiative.
- Resourcing & Projects: This working group considers how we can provide resources to enable this initiative to deliver on the activities set out below.
- Governance & Membership: This working group is focused on defining the governance architecture of the new platform, it will set out a clear and inclusive process for accountability and election of a leadership group to be established by July 2016.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GROUP | GROUP'S TIMELINE AND NEXT STEPS
Activities to Date
The latest planning meeting was held in Istanbul on 7-8 March 2016. This built on the earlier meetings and discussions within the working groups of this platform over the past year. The Istanbul meeting was very productive and benefited from 35 participants from key networks representing a cross-section of views from the seven regions of the world - sharing lessons from previous campaigns, regional perspectives, and priorities from different sectors. The group agreed on the name: Action for Sustainable Development; and key activities are moving ahead on Governance & Membership; Policy Coordination; Monitoring & Accountability; and Public Mobilisation.
We hope you can join us to continue this discussion and we would like to invite you to attend our launch meeting in Bogota on April 29th from 9am to 4pm, location to be announced soon. Register for the meeting here.
MORE INFORMATION ON PREVIOUS AND FORTHCOMING ACTIVITIES
Group Resources & Discussions
See the below dashboard for additional background materials, open-thread discussions and opportunities to get involved: