Loomio

Engagement SubGroup Meeting 6:30pm Weds 30th June

HW Hugh White Public Seen by 14

Here's the zoom link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87334687493?pwd=Zi9PeFdUWXRIdjNSdGUzWHUrd1YxQT09

Remember you can find this again easily by going to the Loomio Engagement Subgroup Threads either using the menu on the left or by clicking through from the FPSGNF front page - or just search for "meeting" and it should come up in the first 2 or 3 results.

HW

Hugh White Fri 1 Jul 2022 10:50AM

Thanks: we also need to beg/plead/threaten to hold our breath until we turn blue for members prepared to come out for the odd hour or two to help with engagement activities.
I will try to draft something soon. I think the first item could be a blog on the website in the first instance.

EL

Elizabeth Lowe Fri 1 Jul 2022 10:42AM

Hugh,

Draft letter to members: As there are two very separate issues raised I think members might more readily engage (and therefore actually respond) if they are in separate and shorter letters.

  1. their views on our covid induced constitutional glitches

  2. their views on the area re: buildings etc.

SL

Susan Lowenthal Thu 30 Jun 2022 6:11PM

Sorry - I thought it was 7pm and I keep getting an invalid address message.

DN

Dorothy Newton Thu 1 Jul 2021 12:06PM

Thank you, Adam
I think I'll need you to talk me through it - I'm back next week...
Sorry if I misled you - I do go to Kent sometimes - to Marden - but today I'm going to Sussex - to Henfield and the South Downs
Thank you for all your help
D

AH

Adam Hardy Thu 1 Jul 2021 11:37AM

Here it is - let me know if it causes problems:

https://we.tl/t-kIxHLkQN29

Where abouts in Kent are you going? The Garden of England I grew up in is now the motorway verge of England - although there are still a few spots that are still far from the madding crowd.

HW

Hugh White Thu 1 Jul 2021 10:03AM

Dear Adam,

Could you send it to me please?

Note-I shall be in Kent 2-4 July

AH

Adam Hardy Thu 1 Jul 2021 8:58AM

I have a 560MB video of the meeting if anyone wishes to go over it. I can make it available via wetransfer.com.

AH

Adam Hardy Wed 30 Jun 2021 7:04PM

I have created two threads:

for composing the Elevator Pitch: https://www.loomio.org/d/Xef50khN/engagement-campaign-elevator-pitch

and for putting together a set of questions and discussion formats: https://www.loomio.org/d/rQmjhaCn/engagement-campaign-discussion-formats

EF

Edward Farleigh Wed 30 Jun 2021 5:22PM

Apologies, I may be about 6.45.

HW

Hugh White Wed 30 Jun 2021 4:14PM

Yes, good idea to get them before their diaries overflow! I haven't yet contacted the new Highbury West Councillor - could redo the standard letter with suggestion of a briefing. Could do the same for Tollington when it happens.

DN

Dorothy Newton Wed 30 Jun 2021 4:10PM

Apologies, I'm going to be a little late - hopefully not more than 10 minues D

DN

Dorothy Newton Wed 30 Jun 2021 3:58PM

It is a great idea to contact the new councillor - maybe we could offer him (and other new councillors) a briefing?

HW

Hugh White Wed 30 Jun 2021 3:53PM

Apologies: I am double booked at 6:30 and cannot attend tonight's meeting. I hope it will go well.

HW

Hugh White Wed 30 Jun 2021 3:52PM

At the 22nd June SG meeting we decided to use a general email to consult members and alert them to our unconstitutional status. Here is a DRAFT general email. Please check and improve!

AH

Adam Hardy Tue 29 Jun 2021 8:30PM

Susie asked me to post this copy of HighburyCommunity Association Newsletter to the engagement subgroup thread as it has an interesting interview with the new Highbury West Councillor for Islington, who is also on the Islington Planning committee! We should definitely get him on board while he is keen and enthusiastic to make a difference in lots of mutual areas.

HW

Hugh White Thu 24 Jun 2021 1:32PM

James Delamere has provided two links that may be of use for engagement - here is his email (also posted under 17th June Planners meeting)

From: Delamere, James <James.Delamere@islington.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 at 13:58
Subject: RE: FPSG
Neighbourhood PlanUpdate Meeting
To: Finsbury Park Stroud Green <
finsburyparkstroudgreen@gmail.com>
Cc: Edward Farleigh <
ejf@edwardfarleigh.com>, Matthew Spry <matthew.spry@lichfields.uk>, Carless, Michael <Michael.Carless@islington.gov.uk>, Gibb2, Jonathan <Jonathan.Gibb2@islington.gov.uk>



Hello,

 

Further to our meeting I have provided some information at the end of this email regarding local Islington contacts/directory for the forum to use to further engagement. I am awaiting Hackney and Haringey to provide some information of theirs, so in the meantime given most of the neighbourhood area is in Islington you can use this to start scoping who you can engage. I will provide a note in due course addressing the points discussed in the meeting in more detail. 

 

It is positive that the forum is taking a pragmatic approach to the plan and seeks to complement existing London Plan and Local Plan policies. I can also understand the logic taken of assessing these plans first to scope what may be added to. However, demonstration of understanding the views of different demographics and groups in the area along with a subsequent assessment of the needs of the area through a review of evidence will help the forum comprehensively consider the issues and options. It is then at this point where issues and options can be ordered into policy and project themes. After this is completed, the forum can then start thinking about planning instruments that may be able to be used in addressing the policy themes. I understand the forum is eager to get the plan making underway but it is also important an evidenced approach that seeks to continuously engage the community takes place, which will help the NP get through examination, referendum, and genuinely add to the local development framework in the long run.

 

Engagement contacts

Council websites are a good place to start in trying to access information, evidence and contacts. Islington has a listing of 977 organisations and related resources the forum can access to help engage with a wide range of groups in the area. This will help build up a comprehensive understanding of different views in the neighbourhood and contribute to policy creation that will be backed by the community, as will need to be demonstrated in the Consultation Statement. 

 

This page gives you access to a variety of  A Directory of local organisations, groups, individuals, services and resources including minorities and refugees, places of worship, sport and leisure, and business. 

https://directory.islington.gov.uk/kb5/islington/directory/community.page?communitychannelnew=0

 

Islington Council website has a list of voluntary groups which can be filtered by postcode

https://directory.islington.gov.uk/kb5/islington/directory/results.page?communitychannelnew=1

 

Kind Regards

James



SB

Susie Barson Mon 21 Jun 2021 12:46PM

Wednesday 30th June
Tuesday 29th June
Monday 28th June

I can do Mon, Tues, or Wed but not Thurs

EL

Elizabeth Lowe Mon 21 Jun 2021 12:46PM

Wednesday 30th June
Monday 28th June

Not available either Tuesday or Thursday

DN

Dorothy Newton Mon 21 Jun 2021 12:46PM

Thursday 1st July
Wednesday 30th June
Monday 28th June

Thank you. I can't do Tuesday (but if it's the only day possible, I could join from 7 until 7.30)

HW

Poll Created Mon 21 Jun 2021 12:45PM

Date of June Meeting Closed Wed 23 Jun 2021 12:02PM

Outcome
by Hugh White Thu 24 Jun 2021 1:30PM

Let us go for Weds 30th June at 6:30. All who gave more than one date can make the 30th. We agreed 22nd June SG to encourage everyone to attend as this meeting will try to settle some of the detail needed for engagement so this is going to ALL SG.

Please select dates in order of preference

Results

Results Option % of points Voters
Tuesday 29th June 31.8% 7 AH LS HW EF SB MS SR
Wednesday 30th June 31.8% 7 AH LS EL DN EF SB MS
Monday 28th June 22.7% 5 AH LS EL DN SB
Thursday 1st July 13.6% 3 AH LS DN
Undecided 0% 3 SL LR FM

9 of 12 people have voted (75%)