OverseerFM Irrigation discussion
There is still some confusion how to enter irrigation information into OverseerFM to provide the best representation of a farming system.
Because of regulation and auditing of farms, there has been a drive for the amount of water applied in the real world to match the amount modelled by Overseer. This may not result in the best representation of a farm’s nutrient losses in the Overseer model.
This discussion is about how best to use OverseerFM and what changes might be made to encourage more accurate analysis of farm nutrient flows.
The attached document has been developed after discussions with consultants and regulators, and suggests some options which could be implemented in the software.
The aim of this discussion is to get feedback from the group on the options suggested, those being that we implement some, or all of, the following changes to OverseerFM:
- No longer show amount of water applied through irrigation
- Could have some representaion of soil moisture and drainage over time
- Only allow one management type per irrigator for the year
- For FF, limit number of changes that can be made in a year (maybe 4)
- Add more help and warnings to input screens
The loomio process allows you to make comments on the proposals and for other members of the discussion to respond to your comments. The entire consultation is publicly available for anyone to see, although only invitees can comment.
The discussion will be closed on Friday 23rd October.