What we need for the week's demonstrations
We need a few physical items to get this demonstration to be really engaging! So I thought I'd start a wish list of items and then people can post on here if they can supply any of them. This is just what I could think of, please send your suggestions in!
We will need:
• A collapsible table
• A megaphone/voice amplification of some kind
• Loose script about the fossil fuel divestment movement in general, answers to the nay sayers - focus on creating a moral unacceptability of fossil fuel investments, as the Apartheid regime boycotts succeeded, this can too!
• Loose script about why we cannot have and do not need fracking - focus on carbon bubble - we cannot burn the reserves we have, let alone afford to spend more money on new expensive extraction methods.
• Equipment to film and/or take photos and preferably someone who knows how to use it!
• Speakers for music to create a fun atmosphere - mini rigs are good for this
• Playlist for music - could focus on money/oil/power - a favourite - Abba, Money Money Money!
• Laptop with good battery for petition signing and email sign ups
• Flyers about divestment/fracking/Barclays - can get these off the fossil free website, but need printing! (perhaps we can club together?)
• Props of some description - Massive balloon to represent carbon bubble? Suits to represent Bankers? - This all depends on what people are prepared to do - it would be great if some people would like to make this theatrical/visual! (of course we also need people who are not being theatrical as well so please don't be put off by this!)