Nominations for Executive Council Elections 2014
Elections for the executive council are once again upon us as our current board members' term is reaching the end.
Positions up for election:
- Two additional board members
The two additonal board members do not have specific responsibilities, but have equal right to speak about and vote on all decisions made by the board. Every board member is expected to attend the regular board meetings on time, or send apologies in advance for absences or lateness.
The nomination period begins on 28/07/2014 and ends at 22:00 on 03/08/2014. Once this peiod has completed the candidates will be given 7 days to introduce themselves before voting commences at 22:00 on 11/08/2014. Members and candidates may use this time for questions and answers in Loomio or on the mailing list.
Results will be announced within 5 days of voting closing (17/08/2014).
How to nominate:
- Send an email to the returning officers
- To: [email protected]
- Subject line: Executive Council Nominations
- The full name or alias of the person(s) you are nominating (which may be/include yourself)
- Your name
- Which position(s) you are nominating people for
- People may be nominated for more than one position
- Successful candidates for each position will be resolved in order (President, Secretary, Treasurer, two additional board members)
- There will be a thread in Loomio for candidates to write in support of their candidacy
- If you are nominating someone other than yourself, they will be contacted and given the opportunity to accept or decline the nomination
How to vote:
The final list of candidates and voting instructions will be announced after nominations close on 03/08/2014. Votes will be counted by the Condorcet method, with condorcet cycles broken by STV.