⚡Power Planning ⚡
This thread is for asking power questions. Feel free to post anything that's still not clear, anything you need to have answered, anything you need help with regarding power, to this thread
Power is money
you need to pay for the power. We do this because power is the 2nd highest cost in Kiez Burn and to incentivize you to use less power & potentially move to greener alternatives (the price doubled vs. last year and will increase much more next year)
* When? Tuesday or Wednesday. The power team and the site lead will be in charge. We do not take credit cards (because Berlin).
* How much? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSLCI0LmjYb53Du0MEb6eVzfOzB8h7dGRq1kE_198LY/edit?usp=sharing
- Please find the final site planning here: http://bit.ly/2qVmBkM the power layer can be seen by clicking on the left on "power"
- Overview of all the power connections: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZg5O6kf05JOxVD4xm_cax6vSA7y0ujEHrmrGBFjRKk/edit#gid=1771340394
Volunteer from Kieze
You need to dig some of your own power cables. We do this because if we ask the power volunteers to dig over 2km of cables, then they will drink all of the dehydration fluid, which is not very tasty.
* When? Monday/Tuesday, potentially Wednesday. #hours depending on how far away your Kiez is.
* How? Safe from burns and driving. Tools will be available at Toolhaus. If you do not secure them enough, we will not plug in your power cable.
* What if I don't arrive until Wednesday afternoon? Then you don't get power
Here's a roundup of what happened at Burning Pig and the questions that were floating around. If I missed something, that's what this thread is for :)
You will get one or more 230V "normal" power outlets to your Kiez. We guarantee that power will be near the edge of your Kiez (at max 10 meters away), so bring extension cords!
You need to help us with digging the trenches. We estimate this would take one person around four hours. It's not determined yet on which day help will be needed.
You need to ensure waterproofing of the electrical stuff in your Kiez! Be sure that no water gets into the connectors or the devices, as this could have short-circuity consequences.
If you don't have a power grant, unfortunately you probably won't get power. Write a mail ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org in this case, maybe it's still possible.
Don't use the electrical energy for cooking, don't use toasters or hair dryers. If it has heat elements with high power usage in it, it's probably a "no". Definitely ask first.
The price you pay (20€/Kilowatt) is a flat rate, it doesn't matter how much energy you actually draw from the power grid. Please note that in the end, the total costs of our power grid will depend on the energy used, but you only have to pay the flat rate fee. If you end up using more power, so that it breaks your connection, do not count on quick re-powering.
The generators should be very quiet, definitely not as load as the smaller ones used at small outdoor raves.
Happy discussing :)
EDIT1: clarified that you might get one or more 230V power outlets for your Kiez (if you made high power request)