Visual Magnetics Partnership
[UPDATE]: We are taking a 1-week period to record any reservations and proposed solutions to this partnership. Please take some time to add your thoughts to our doc (in both columns!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RCP3Opg7_d_tW-QnHwHuJroybtF3NM9Q0C3eyZwRG2k/edit#gid=0
I spoke to the VM team last week and today to flesh out the partnership details. In addition to the impending installation of cafe sponsorship, they are also looking to deepen and provide some structure for our partnership. Their hope is to provide our initiatives with their collaborative toolkit and understand how to provide the most values to a "next generation workspace" like ours!
As most of you know, this is a relationship that has persevered throughout our very long construction process; I'm grateful that the VM team has stuck by us throughout all our trials and tribulations (and delays). I still think having them as close collaborators will prove really fruitful for our own programming, our events capabilities, and everyday fun/work/life stuff.
I'd love to field any questions or concerns that you might have! Let me know!
Responsibilities from VM (sponsorship):
1. Activation of cafe (within VM's capacity)*
2. Install and activation of large wall on 1st floor*
3. Install and activation of meditation room*
4. Install and activation of large conference room*
5. Provide 5 table top installs
6. Will produce layers for 5 PP events per year (up to 100 SQFT) any amount over 100 sq/ft with be billed at a discounted rate of $8.00 sq/ft ( standard price of $14 sq/ft)*
Artwork hanging system -- schedule and beta samples forthcoming (there may be some associated cost, but deeply discounted)
- The continued activations of the spaces are correlated to point number 6 (5 events per year 100sq ft of printed graphic layers each event/activation) this could be looked at as 5 activations rather than events, and you can allocate those 5 activations (printing graphic top layers) across the different walls at your discretion.
Prime Produce agrees to provide to VM:
1. 3-Year Term (hopefully this will continue indefinitely, but let's see in 2021)
2. Access 24 hours downstairs-only key cards for immediate VM team: Tori Joe Sandy, + Nick, Lauren, Melissa (6 total)
3. Able to use space for photo shoots in meditation room (and produce quick social media content) as long as planned ahead with PPAC host
4. Able to schedule (VM-activated) conference room from time to time. (A few times a month).
5. The ability to host our own foster labs workshops 5 per year (intimate brainstorms with our clients), scheduled with PPAC host. Generally will have at least 1 week notice ahead of time.
6. Would like to be able to host 2 (non-partnership) design industry events per year -- (long lead time) for Design industry and potential clients.
7. Would like to partner with PP members to produce 4 co-branded public-facing or internal workshops/events per year
8. Small amount of storage for layers + some showroom collateral.
ALSO: I've attached the previously proposed engagement phases (which this proposal supersedes) for reference.