Virtual debit card to pay for infra
dApp circle members pay for infra, such as servers, email credits, using their own credit card, which is not very decentralised and introduces increased risk for the stability of the Giveth platform when circle members leave or run out of money.
We arrange a virtual debit card for our circle to pay for servers and other infra. https://cryptopay.me/bitcoin-debit-card
All unicorn circle members will have access to that card. The card will be funded through a milestone for a 1000€, which is the lifetime for that card (unless we do KYC, which again attaches the liability to a person). Circle members are only allowed to use the card for infra, using it otherwise will be deducted double from their weekly pay.
1. the milestone will be a black-box expense. This could possible be solved by continuously adding proof (receipts / credit card statement) to a milestone (which is not a feature yet...)
2. everyone who knows the card number always will, so a unicorn leaving will increase risk for Giveth of non agreed spending.
3. After 1000€, we will have to request a new card, with a new number, and update all billing information everywhere.
1. All circle members can pay for infra using circle money.
2. Members leaving the circle will only have to hand over credentials of servers, and not remove billing information.
3. Infra will continue to function when personal credit cards get blocked or people run out of money, as the responsibility is now with the circle and not with individuals.