Update on Pacific NW/I-5 Caravan! 5/18/2014
An update from the WA, ID & OR areas (5/18/2014):
1) Jodie Ficca ("Toad") from ID. has been working with me to find owners of large vehicles for ridesharing. She led me to Tyler Schmidt from Lewiston, ID, near the ID/WA border. Schmidt is going to NatGat, and he wants to take Portlanders along.
2) Schmidt has a '85 Chevy 20 Camper that holds 7 passengers. He is asking for gas money ($65 for a full tank) as compensation.
3) I asked him to send me photos of his vehicle for assessment. Once I finalize the ride, I can begin creating forms and materials (virtually and physically) for Portlanders to sign up.
4) Delphine Brody from Sac. led me to Deidre Avery from Portland. She will contact her father-in-law to find more vehicles for rental. I gave her the price range of $30-$50 per passenger for round-trip.
5) I have been busy creating (and updating) posts on Facebook and Craigslist. We'll see what happens.