Looking for examples of successful enabling of vital civil action
Hi all! I’m making a small study on promising solutions on supporting or enabling civic action, as part of a project aiming to address the development of Finland as a ground for vital and autonomous civil society. The task is wide and I would very much appreciate suggestions and tips from you as commons experts on examples worth studying in more detail!
We are interested in a wide scale of international examples Finland could learn from, for example
- Holistic approaches such as Enspiral as a network community with co-creation tools and practices
- governmental attempts such as the Oregon Kitchen table serving as a forum for interaction between the government and local actors, including things like support for P2P lending
- platforms for organising and funding civic initiatives, for example Open collective enabling transparent crowdfunding and follow-up of the economy of the initiatives
- reported cases illustrating vitality of civic action and how it has been enabled
- any other particularly useful approaches, practices and tools related to governmental action in relation to civil society: regulation, resourcing, education, evaluation etc.
Our project is funded by the Prime Minister’s Office and our results should serve national governmental actors especially but we can make suggestions also for other actors, for example municipalities, civil society organisations and enterprises.