Considering that everything the Pirates stand for in terms of internet rights and freedoms depends on a reliable supply of electricity, it seems sensible that we should have policy on how we want to see that supply maintained into the future. This policy could cover issues of:
- source - renewables? coal? nuclear? etc
- generation - local-scale? large-scale? publicly-owned? privately-owned?
- distribution - old grid? smart grid?
- pricing - let the market decide? intervene to make it affordable for everyone?
- technology - smart meters? solar panels?