How we want to be with each other - Loomio Participation Guidelines
Let's use this space to align around some Participation Guidelines. Original text of discussion to be found on http://natgat2014.titanpad.com/57.
Have separated the discussion Create Loomio Group Participation Guidelines, Usage and Decision Making Processes out into 3. Please use this page for discussing and proposing How we want to be with each other - Participation Guidelines
the 3 discussions:
How we want to be with each other - Loomio Pariticpation Guidelines
How we use loomio - Loomio Usage
How we make decisions - Loomio Decision Making
# Loomio Processes
x complaints by one or more members of group
in person or tele convo
bring to group
vote on loomio
Participation Guidelines: (these are from IO, for the calls; add others, your own or amend these) (The original call participation guildes can be found at: http://interoccupy.net/about/participation-guidelines/
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION + COMMUNICATION
- Be Curious and Open to Learning: Listen to and be open to hearing all points of view. Maintain a attitude of exploration and learning.
- Balance Advocacy and Inquiry: Seek to learn and understand as much as you might want to persuade. Conversations are as much about listening as it is about talking.
- Show Respect and Suspend Judgment: Setting judgments aside will enable you to learn from others and contribute to others experiencing being respected and appreciated.
- Seek Alignment rather than Agreement: Alignment is shared intention, whereas agreement is having a shared belief or opinion.
- Be Purposeful and to the Point: Notice if what you are conveying is or is not “on purpose” to the question at hand. Notice if you are making the same point more than once. Do your best to make your point quickly with honesty and depth.
- Own and Guide the Conversation or Process: Take responsibility for the quality of your participation and the quality of the work conversations by noticing what’s happening and actively support getting yourself and others back “on purpose” when needed.
- Be Excellent to Each other: Share what’s important to you. Speak authentically; from your personal and heart felt experience. Be considerate to others who are doing the same.
- Respect the subject threads: Since there's a lot of traffic here, keep the threads intact. Don't post something that mixes one thread with another. Better to refer to people, "I just posted about abc in the xyz conversation."