Ideas for CCANZ's volunteer structure
This thread is to develop some concrete ideas for how to re-structure the existing volunteer framework. These ideas will feed into a proposal for the next advisory panel meeting, currently scheduled for late November.
To summarise, in general terms, the conversation so far:
- CCANZ developed volunteer guidelines, which carved out clear but conservative boundaries as how volunteers could represent themselves.
- Some folks felt that these guidelines didn't do an adequate job of either recognising or enabling volunteers.
- The tenor of the conversation within the CCANZ Advisory panel (minutes to come, sorry) was that they needed some concrete ideas on how to move forward.
- The path forward will need to take into account that we are hosted by another organisation.
- At the same time, we also need to take into account the scale of the advocacy and outreach challenge ahead of CCANZ. We need to enable open licensing conversations in thousands of organisations, and will need plenty of help to do this.
For anyone who missed it, or wants to refresh themselves on what was discussed, the volunteer structure discussion on the cc-nz email list can be found in the web archive (thanks to our hosts OnlineGroups.net).