Monitoring & Accountability
There are a growing number of civil society groups that want to work towards ensuring that there is effective monitoring of the SDGs. This new initiative could serve as a global clearinghouse for civil society to share information and resources about data, monitoring and accountability around sustainable development. Further, there is interest in developing joint resources to support the monitoring of commitments and the creation of accessible tools to enable citizens to monitor implementation.
Examples of activities:
- Connecting civil society actors working on data and monitoring across countries and themes.
- Identifying data gaps in areas that are identified as important by civil society (e.g. on groups at risk of being left behind) and developing a strategy for addressing those gaps.
- Signposting to technical support and expert advice to develop data gathering methods and citizen engagement strategies.
- Support for national and regional monitoring of implementation, including coordinated shadow reporting e.g. specific thematic groups to share learning across countries.
On 22 March, the working group held its first meeting to discuss its goals and activities for 2016. To read the notes from the meeting click here.
- More in depth consultation on top priorities for focus areas
- Subsequent consultation on specific activities to undertake under each of these focus areas
- A4SD Launch at ICSW (April 29)
- Workplan for 2016 activities
- Elections of co-chairs and facilitators
- Advocacy during HLPF
Poll Created Tue 19 Jan 2016 6:32PM
Is your organisation collecting data on issues or themes related to the UN's Sustainable Development Goals? Closed Mon 8 Feb 2016 6:07PM
If yes/agree, please provide the details of the theme you are monitoring in the discussion thread below
|Results||Option||% of points||Voters|
|Undecided||0%||16||RW J FB KR SS JS DE AEN MN OJP|
2 of 18 people have voted (11%)
Aniebonam Tim. O. C.
Tue 26 Jan 2016 8:45PM
Global Agenda for Total Emancipation (GATE) is tracking the Federal Government of Nigeria's budget for implementing of gender based interventions under the 2016 fiscal year as part of tracking SDG #4 implementation in Nigeria.
Aniebonam Tim. O. C.
Tue 26 Jan 2016 8:49PM
Global Agenda for Total Emancipation (GATE) is tracking the Federal Government of Nigeria's budget for implementing of gender based interventions under the 2016 fiscal year as part of tracking SDG #5 implementation in Nigeria.